Your new company
We are delighted to be representing one of the hottest legaltech startups in the market who are the standard for startups for raising investment on behalf of their clients.
Our client is backed by venture Index, Europe’s leading scale-up investor. With one in six early-stage funding rounds and EMI option schemes now going through the company. They're extremely proud that in just four years they've transformed the way UK & Irish companies start, grow and scale.
They are recruiting for an ambitious lawyer with Corporate experience. As this is a remote working role you be located anywhere throughout Ireland. There will be a little travel from time to time to London.
Your new role responsibilities and Duties
What you'll need to succeed
- In your new role you will conduct legal research and answering queries relating to our products, including, funding rounds, option schemes, employment law, general company law matters, etc
- Adapt and build localised versions of products that aim to handle complex investment rounds in Ireland.
- Provide academic and technical legal input for the preparation of legal templates, articles and other marketing materials;
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders, including founders, investors, the customer support team, product managers, designers and lawyers
- Develop and manage the relationship with partner Irish law firms for the provision of legal services above and beyond document automation
- Monitor legal developments, in particular, laws, regulations and case laws impacting early-stage startups in Ireland
- You will be a qualified Lawyer and hold a practising certificate in the Republic of Ireland.
- Desirable current practicing certificate in the UK. (although not essential)
- 3+ years PQE with a proven track record of providing legal advice to venture backed startups and/or SMEs. (all levels of PQE will be considered)
- You must be able to demonstrate working experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Early to growth stage fundraising methodology and legal process
- Capitalisation tables and corporate governance
- Private equity investments
- Employee option schemes
- Company secretarial work
What you'll get in return
- You must be a motivated self-starter with attention to detail
- You have a genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, and are excited by the opportunity to interact with startup founders every day
- Great communication skills, working well with customers, as well as on-site and remote team members
- Forward thinker
- Outstanding time-management skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple workstreams
What you need to do now
- You will be joining one of the hottest scale-ups in the UK and Irish legal technology space, with a proven track record in Europe
- Building an impressive network of Founders and VCs across Ireland and the UK
- Working in a high performing team with plenty of growth opportunities
- Creating your own profile in the startup ecosystem through thought leadership, webinars and content
- Plenty of responsibility from day one
- Competitive salary and a performance related bonus
- Full benefit package including health insurance and pension
- 25 days annual leave (plus local public holidays)
- Your birthday off, on us!
- Stock-option package on 1st anniversary with the company
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.