Group Maintenance Manager required for large food manufacturing company in Galway. Electrician / Engineering
Your new company
The Group Maintenance Manager position will involve maintaining all plant and equipment within the food manufacturing facilities including the effective management of preventative maintenance on all machinery and developing and adhering to agreed preventative maintenance schedule. The Group Maintenance Manager is responsible for all the day to day activities in the maintenance department. You will have previous experience in food manufacturing, and ideally be a qualified electrician and have some level of engineering experience
You will have overall ownership and responsibility for the maintenance and uptime of manufacturing equipment and systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes and systems and to drive inefficiencies and costs from the business through effective maintenance and executing long-term strategic plans.
The Group Maintenance Manager must provide leadership to the maintenance team to deliver a high performing maintenance department delivering service to operations in line with company targets and standards. Ensure the maintenance team work to BRC and HACCP standards and work with quality and production department to deliver same.
Control maintenance budget spend and seek out best supplies in terms of service quality and price competiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for managing maintenance tasks and delivering maintenance projects from co-ordination to commissioning.
• Responsible for representing maintenance function within the sites
• Develop a culture of “keeping all lines running” and reducing maintenance related down time to a minimum. Move from a fail and fix to predict and prevent model.
• Work closely with the plant managers to ensure all relevant individuals are informed of maintenance issues or breakdowns which may affect the production process.
• Lead the overall development and implementation of Operational Excellence and LEAN initiatives in maintenance team and contribute to overall business team.
• Reduce costs and improve efficiencies through a detailed knowledge of the process
• Contribute to the development of site culture and act as role model for company values and behaviours and partnering with HR on key initiatives
• Keep up to date with technological changes, drive collaboration and best practice
• Prepare and administer department budget within established guidelines for maintenance and repair of building and equipment
• Responsible for all engineering and maintenance regulatory and safety related matters
• Work as part of the operations team to ensure suitable maintenance support is provided to all shifts and areas of the business and be solution focused on issues that arise.
• Attend PIT and KPI meetings.
• Develop, maintain, schedule and deliver on preventative maintenance plan to minimise downtime, increase efficiency and comply with auditory standards.
• Provide and lead general maintenance support throughout the sites and offices.
• Liaising closely with the various departments to ensure maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner and minimising impact on production.
• Coordinate with outside contractors to perform service activities and repairs on plant and equipment with least disruption to production.
• Setup service contracts for machinery contractors.
• Schedule maintenance team for manufactures training.
• Develop and maintain digitised maintenance records on the site wide Safefood360 platform.
• Oversee and direct provision of all related maintenance supplies and control costs and stocks of same.
• Ensure work and equipment compliance, certification to all regulatory & statutory directives, standards and guidelines.
• Inspect and evaluate physical plant and related equipment in order to manage asset life cycle in support of operations.
• To ensure that all necessary regulatory service, permits, permissions, registers & calibrations certifications are controlled & up to date.
• Ensure all department training plan such that maintenance personnel are competent in the completion of their duties and suitable cover is available in the team and capable to cover holidays and illness.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1093947
Cliquez icipour accéder à la politique de protection des données HAYS, qui fournit des informations détaillées sur la façon dont nous utilisons et protégeons vos informations personnelles, et vos droits par rapport à cela.
Manufacturing & Production
Contacter un consultant
Parler à Niall Toland, Consultant spécialisé en charge de cette offre , située à Hays Recruitment, Galway