Your new company
Your new company works with a network of over 45,000 farmers and is renowned for paying its suppliers on the day of delivery at strategically located local abattoirs that minimise animal transport distances. They contribute an estimated €1.3bn each year into the rural economies in which it operates. They are now seeking a Health and Safety Officer to join their team at their site in Clones, Co. Monaghan
Your new role
This is an ideal opportunity for a confident individual with a positive ‘can do attitude’, and the drive to get the job done.
What you'll need to succeed
- Working closely with the Site Safety Management Team
- Responsible for being up to date with new Health & Safety Legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of developments within our industry
- Building the Health & Safety Awareness throughout the site
- Conducting regular internal audits to check policies & procedures are being properly implemented, recording the results & submitting them to Management.
- Carrying out/updating risk assessments, formulating preventative measures and monitoring conformance
- Developing safe systems of work & maintaining risk trackers as required
- Attending & heading up weekly Safety briefings/huddles with Line Managers
- Investigating, recording & conducting follow ups of any incident, accident or dangerous occurrences
- Ensuring the site Emergency Plan & Procedures is up to date & key responders are clear on its execution
- Ensuring all equipment is installed & operated safely as per legislation
- Managing & monitoring all third-party activities for safe practises
What you'll get in return
- A qualification & experience in Health & Safety is desirable
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and Senior Managers
- Problem solving skills & new ideas
- Excellent communication skills and professional demeanour
- Full proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
With this role, you will be getting the opportunity to work as part of a forward thinking, sustainability driven workforce within a multinational organisation. There is a competitive salary being offered as well as additional benefits with career progression supported and encouraged by management.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1093579