Your new company
Your new company is a voluntary organisation and Approved Housing Body working with families, children and single adults who are disadvantaged and socially excluded; primarily those who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. They provide a range of housing, health and recovery services and accommodation for marginalised households throughout Ireland primarily using a trauma informed approach (all staff are trauma informed and trained) and a harm reduction model of support. This company also provide bespoke community based supported living services for persons that find themselves homeless with complex support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums.
Your new role
Your new company currently seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join their team as Housing Officer at their Head Office located in Limerick City. The successful candidates will be afforded necessary training and development in line with the role. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for engaging with clients who are homeless/at risk of homelessness. This role is base off a 40 hour working week and is based in the Limerick City
What you'll need to succeed
For this role the ideal candidate will require: Minimum Level 7 Degree on National Framework of Qualifications relating to Social Care Housing, Youth and Community Work, Social Work, Social Sciences, Education, Mental Health, Addiction, Healthcare or Nursing and at least 1 years’ experience in Tenancy Engagement, Housing and/or Homeless Services. It is also important that the candidate has:
What you'll get in return
- Knowledge of social and voluntary housing sector and/ or associated experience.
- Understanding of Landlord and Tenant Obligations & tenancy legislation/regulation.
- Experience of working in a tenant focused role.
- Ability to work flexibly on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to organize, prioritise and manage a complex and varied workload and meet deadlines and targets.
- Computer literacy and the proficient use of Microsoft Office and other software applications including CRM software i.e. Salesforce.
- Ability to communicate and interact in a professional, diplomatic and sensitive manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to treat the client group in a non- judgmental way from a trauma informed perspective, which underpins the company service delivery
- Essential: Full clean driver’s license and use of own car
In return, Full time staff will receive attractive rates and benefits such as
What you need to do now
- 26 days annual leave,
- employer pension contribution after successful probation period,
- flexible work arrangements,
- access to supports such as Support and Supervision,
- external supervision if required and Psychological First Aid.
- Staff receive a wide variety of on-the-job training, with core training including First Aid, Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, MAPA
- (Management of Actual and Potential Aggression).
- They gain a wide range of experience on the front-line- this can act as a springboard for
- other career opportunities within this organisation
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1092729