Your new company
Quantity Surveyor / Junior Estimator, West of Ireland
Our Client is a Civil Engineering Contractor with work throughout Ireland and the UK. They are now seeking to recruit a junior quantity surveyor / estimator. Candidates must be third level honours degree qualified candidates and may be from an engineering / quantity surveying / estimating background. This position would suit an Honours Degree qualified Quantity Surveyor with 1-4 years relevant office/site based experience in civil engineering construction. The position is based in the Galway region.
The Role and Requirements:
- The quantity surveyor / estimator prepares tender prices from the architect's or engineer’s drawings and the bill of quantities supplied by the client.
- Assist in the review process of bid package and blueprint drawings.
- Conversant with 'take off' from drawings and proficient with Excel.
- Assist the Project Manager in initial sequencing of construction activities, outlining components such as labour, materials and equipment.
- Liaise with suppliers and collect quotes on materials.
- Schedule time-frame for required labour, equipment, and materials, and sub-contractual arrangements.
- Track actual costs against the estimate and identify possible improvements to processes.
- To work within the tender team to maximise all opportunities to achieve the best net cost estimate.
- Gathering and sourcing pre-project information
- Work in the tender team giving financial input for all programme, temporary works and other associated issues
- Overseeing projects from start to finish on site
What you need to do now
- Degree Qualified & post-graduate experience in Estimating / Quantity Surveying within the Civil Engineering sector
- Knowledge of the Estimating function and preparing tenders
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent IT Skills including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1091404