Your new company
We are delighted to partnering with a leading, multinational Infrastructure company in their search for a capable lawyer to join their inhouse legal team in Dublin.
Your new role
In your new role you will provide legal advice to the business and support its various business streams in the successful delivery of its strategic objectives, ensuring maximum profit and return on the invested capital, reporting to CEO and Functional Reporting to Regional Legal Director.
You will support senior management in addressing the legal needs of the business across a spectrum of legal areas including corporate, commercial, competition, procurement, compliance and construction.
What you'll need to succeed
- Manage all corporate (including restructuring, establishing new entities, disillusion of entities), regulatory (permits, licenses) issues faced by the business.
- Support the Regional Legal Director on all M&A activities (including JVs and partnerships).
- Draft company policies and procedures.
- Liaising with the business on key issues.
- Considering and reviewing any unusual, complex or high value contracts.
- Review and analysis tenders, contracts, terms & conditions, ancillary documents and other commercial agreements and the drafting of such contracts, terms and conditions and ancillary documents, and other commercial agreements relating to the company's business.
- Support the commercial teams with bespoke pieces of advice and training.
- Selecting, instructing and packaging the advice of outside counsel.
- Support the business in the full deployment, implementation and compliance with, of the company compliance programme and advise the senior management on corporate governance and ethics and compliance.
- Provision of in-house legal guidance and support to the business, including provision of risk management information.
- Liaise with the group legal departments when the business requires specialist legal support across a spectrum of legal areas including, corporate, competition, compliance and intellectual property.
- Assist the Regional Legal Director in matters handled directly from head office.
- Keeping the business generally aware of any developments in the law.
You will be a dynamic individual with strong legal experience who has in-house experience in the infrastructure sector or who worked in private practice and is looking to make the move in-house.
You will possess outstanding communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate well to a wide range of demographics (internal and external), all levels of management, can work independently and can clearly articulate the message and command the respect of their audience.
Possess high-level conceptual and analytical skills including an ability to interpret business performance, financial and human resources data.
What you'll get in return
- You will be a qualified solicitor or equivalent (minimum 5 PQE/experience) preferable with private practice experience in the corporate department in a top law firm.
- Exposure of working as in-house lawyer advantageous
- Experience of the infrastructure sector
- Previous experience of insurance and/or procurement advantageous
- French language skills advantageous (but not essential)
- Demonstration of continuous professional development
- Full driving licence
- Current valid passport
- Open to travelling to different office sites occasionally
Competitive market salary, pension, free carparking and hybrid working are all available for you in your new role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1092643