Your new company
Our Client provides quality mechanical services to all sectors of the construction industry. They are now seeking to recruit a Mechanical Quantity Surveyor / Estimator in Mayo. You will be responsible for the production of the estimate / tender quote submission documentation together with post contract variation evaluation and management of successfully awarded projects to completion.
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Attend site visits and client meetings as required
- Responsible for cost controlling mechanical installations
- Liaising with clients from initial enquiries through to final accounts
- Actively work with Project Managers relating to contract variations
- Final Account negotiations etc.
- Dealing with clients/engineers/contractors
- Taking charge of the cost management function, throughout all phases of a project.
- Management of both client and direct staff relationships is an essential part of this role
What you need to do now
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical trades background preferred - alternatively a qualification in Quantity Surveying or construction economics with some mechanical knowledge will be considered also
- 2 years’ or more Quantity Surveying / Estimating experience with a mechanical contractor in Ireland.
- A technical background in Mechanical/Building Services industry
- A proven track record of quantity surveying
- Ability to work independently
- Strong personality required to negotiate on cost and contractual issues
- Experience in pre-fabricating and installing pipework and structural steel would be an advantage
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1075272