Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Work as part of a team to Identify new and alternative technologies to enable opportunities within the field of light management.
- Carry out material identification and testing, organising trials, detailed analysis and report writing. There will be a strong focus on organic coating development & materials identification and evaluation.
- Working on your own initiative to move project progress forward.
- To carry out iterative improvements and more importantly to identify novel materials and methods to enable new product requirements.
- Facilitate the transfer of product and process knowledge across relevant departments and Transitions Optical sites by collaborating effectively with global teams
- Present results of work to senior management and make recommendations.
- Document all Lab work in order to support applications for Intellectual Property.
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- M.Sc. in Chemistry or similar.
- Experience in the field of organic coating synthesis
- Ideally, experience in the field of electrochromic devices and/or Electrochemistry.
- Keen interest in hands-on laboratory work.
- Co-ordinate trials and test work with technicians and other scientists.
- Very good communication skills, both written and oral
- Critical thinking
- Design of experiments
- Applied research to product development
- Experimental design knowledge
- Previous experience in the optical or ophthalmic industry
- The role offers opportunities for career & technical development as part of a structured career development program.
- Some international travel might be required – up to 10%
What you need to do now
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission.
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission.
- An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in the performing of his/her duties.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1091937