Construction, civil and structural engineering, energy
Hays Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Project scheduling specialist to join our client, a semi state utilities entity based in Cork.
The Project Scheduling Specialist is part of the overall Project Controls team providing support and direction to the Delivery Portfolios across a range of activities including; Baseline Management, Forecasting Management (schedules, costs and outputs), Cost analysis and Reporting. The Project Scheduling Specialist is responsible for the integrity and management of information for a suite of projects/programmes to be used for making key Delivery decisions. The Project Scheduling Specialist will report directly to the Central Project Scheduling Lead. The realisation of the Capital Investment Plan (CIP) is part of our continuing commitment to deliver quality services and infrastructure while safeguarding Ireland’s environment and delivering on our obligations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for management and updating of project information on systems (Primavera, Excel, etc.) for a portion of the portfolio to enable effective management of projects against budget, schedule, risk, cost and output.
• Establish and maintaining the Baseline Cost, Schedule and Outputs for a suite of projects/programmes of a Portfolio.
• Establish, maintain and control the forecast schedule for a suite of projects/programmes.
• Manage and control any changes to Baselines, Budgets, Outputs, Outcomes etc. including maintaining a change control log and relevant approvals
• Manage the production of schedule performance data and Key Performance Indices for project progression at a Regional level and provide information to support Portfolio performance reporting.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of project cost forecasting models to support project forecasting and reporting.
• Maintain contingency records and provide information to support the Contracts team and portfolio risk management.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of system maintained information on portfolio performance with regard to the lifecycle of projects, programmes and the portfolio.
• Track efficiencies across a suite of projects/programmes.
• Manage a team of Project Schedulers and implementing schedule standards on Contractors programmes.
• Controlling reporting templates and maintaining high standards for reporting.
• Provide Primavera P6, and Cost Management Tool “super-user” capability support at a Regional level.
• Raise and escalate issues affecting portfolio delivery, as appropriate.
• Manage the interface regionally with:
o Water, Wastewater and Networks Portfolios within Infrastructure Delivery
o Contracts and Engineering Services within Infrastructure Delivery
o Asset Management o Asset Operations
o Commercial and Supply Chain
• Drive continuous improvement in the development of processes and systems in place to support the delivery of the Capital Investment Plan, including (Primavera, Maximo, Power BI etc.).
• Ensure compliance with standards and processes.
• Perform other such duties such as Irish Water may reasonably require. Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Relevant 3rd level qualification; in Engineering/Construction, Project management or Quantity Surveying
• Minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience in a Project Management position preferably with construction & utility experience.
• Experience using project, contract and finance management tools, (e.g. Primavera P6, Maximo, PCM and Oracle).
• Strong commercial awareness in the governance, control, forecasting and performance analysis of large-scale complex and varied portfolio is required.
• Experience working to regulatory and project deadlines.
• Experience of cost analysis and cost reporting on project/programme performance.
• Experience in risk management
• Experience of developing and maintaining effective strategic partnerships with key stakeholders.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1094706
Civil & Structural Engineering
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Noel O' Donovan, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Hays Recruitment, Cork