Your new company
Large property management company with extensive portfolio of clients across the west of Ireland. They are now seeking to recruit a Property Manager for Galway. The Property Manager is responsible for managing the budget for various buildings/developments and maintaining all pertinent records. The Property Manager is charged with supporting management’s efforts in the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive responses to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs in coordination and conjunction with the Owner’s goals and objectives.
Duties may include the following:
- The manager must operate within the set budget for the building.
- Maintaining Records- the property manager should keep thorough records regarding the property. This should include all income and expenses; list of all inspections, signed head leases, maintenance requests, any complaints, records of repairs, costs of repairs, maintenance costs, record of insurance costs.
- Provide excellent client service. Respond to client requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to maintenance contractors. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency contractor coverage for the property at all times.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property.
- Maintain building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Establish and enforce precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy. Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes.
- Assist with administering tenant occupancy including providing the new tenant with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, service charge collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures.
- Become proficient with the relevant software. Coordinate entry of all property information into the software program and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant Certificates of Insurance. Monitor all key dates and reporting.
- Prepare for and chair AGMs for Owners’ Management Companies.
- Prepare, memos, email, maintain files, and prepare expense reports and other administrative reports.
- Maintain office clerical, filing and record keeping systems.
- Assist in the production of monthly and annual reports.
- Maintain contact and other databases for company.
- Contractor coordination.
- Obtain estimates/bids for repairs at the property.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, on-site & off-site meetings and conference calls.
- Collect and organise all property information in a format for quick reference.
What you need to do now
- Track and verify supplier invoices with regards to amounts and service provided.
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities.
- Assist corporate accounting with questions related to the property and resolution of vendor issues.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1094001