Your new company
With over 40 years experience, they are specialists in the Fire Protection market in Ireland and offer a full range of Fire Protection solutions including Automatic Sprinkler, Deluge Water-Spray, Foam Extinguishing, Gas Suppression, Fire Alarm and Passive Fire Protection Systems. They are now seeking a QEHS Manager to join there team
Your new role
As QEHS Manager, you will be reporting to the Managing Director and responsible for the continuous development and implementation of quality, health and safety policies on construction projects across various sectors and sites; industrial, commercial, residential, hospitality etc.
What you'll need to succeed
- Develop, maintain, update and implement quality, health and safety standards in accordance with current legislation.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees comply with quality and safety legislation and that policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
- Plan, implement, monitor and review protective and preventative safety measures.
- Carry out risk assessments, identifying potential hazards and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Carry out regular site inspections/audits to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Investigate accidents and incidents to full conclusion, complete root cause analysis of accidents and preventing reoccurrence, record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation.
What you'll get in return
- Formal qualification in Health & Safety – 3rd Level is preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years Health and Safety experience – Ideally within construction.
- Previous experience in ISO, OHSAS18001 accredited environments
- Excellent communications kills
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of safety and quality management.
- Ability to lead with confidence, mentor and motivate staff.
- Full Drivers Licence
You will be given the opportunity to work with an experienced team and given considerable responsibility. You'll receive a very competitive salary in line with your experience, with a generous benefits package. Typically salaries for a role like this will range from €60,000 to €70,000.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1094310