Your new company
Your new company
You will work for a leading Irish public sector aviation organisation, with global reach. Our client is hiring a Senior Data Engineer to design, build, manage and support Data Engineering services for a short term project.
Your new role
In this role you will be responsible for the design, architecture, implementation, and support of the organisations BI Applications using a variety of tools. You will be required to participate in or lead the requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation. In this role you will be integrating data from Oracle systems into the organisations data warehouse and building relevant semantic views to support the automated reporting for business users. You will also be required to conduct ETL/integration, Data Warehouse Modelling, OLAP, processes documentation and BI solution delivery. And you will need to ensure BI Applications conform to system architecture standards and best practices.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Oracle & Microsoft Database Development – SQL, PL-SQL, T-SQL
- Microsoft Data & Analytics Technology stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS and Power BI)
- REST/SOAP API Development using .Net/C# to consume data
- Good understanding of data warehouse and BI architecture and concepts to best serve a DW environment, Operational Data Store and/or EDW.
- ETL programming skills, including experience with large code bases, complex data structures, and a variety of BI development tools
- Ability to work on own initiative and work well within a team.
- Strong communication skills
In return you will receive a daily rate from a leading Irish public sector aviation organisation, with global reach. You will work in a flexible hybrid role in Dublin with two days on site a week for the duration of the contract. You will work for a company who always strives to do better, respect each others values and seek solutions before problems present.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1092195