Construction, Mechanical and Electrical engineers, Process engineers
Hays Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our client, a leading engineering consultancy in Cork.
At our client you will be part of the process engineering team that is responsible for the design,
fabrication and installation of complex process equipment/systems that are used to make everything from
biotechnology medicine, dairy products, to beverage and drinks.
We encourage autonomy and so you will be given design, procurement and management responsibility with a
high level of customer interaction as part of this role. As a Senior Engineer you will lead and project manage
small project teams both technically and commercially. We are looking for people that are interested in taking
on this responsibility, are self-motivated and continuously looking to improve what we do as well as themselves.
- The Senior Engineer will be a member of the client Process Engineering team.
- To lead and manage large process skid (projects or multiple concurrent small-medium process skid
- Overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects
- Customer and project stakeholder management
- Commercial (contract, price), schedule and quality performance on projects
Coordination of engineering across process, mechanical, electrical and automation disciplines
- Coordination of drafting team to ensure quality drawings
- Material and subcontractor procurement and coordination
- Support to commissioning of process systems
- Collation of documentation for project handover
- Support to ensure that all Health, Safety, and Quality policies are correctly adhered to by all team personnel
Business Development & Sales:
- Supports the strengthening of customer relationships by being proactive and responsive to customer
requests and adopting a positive customer mindset.
- Provides support to the preparation of pricing/quotations.
People & Development:
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and to lead the delivery of medium-large projects
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Actively supporting the development of graduate engineers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1089407
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Noel O' Donovan, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Hays Recruitment, Cork