Your new company
Your new company who provide the best quality of care to a wide range of services including residential and day service is part of an international movement working with people with intellectual disabilities and other kinds of special needs. Your new company is looking for candidates who are committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities and their families, in a person centred, community based, socially inclusive manner in accordance with their core values and national standards, and underpinned by quality, best practice and research.
Your new role
In your new role as Relief Social Care Worker you will work directly with service users and contribute to the day to day operating of the residential centre/ day service. You will be responsible for the service users in the centre and will ensure they are receiving the highest quality of care. Your new role also requires administrative duties including participating in the transition and admission process for all new service users.
You will support people with an intellectual disability according to their wishes and desires and in accordance with the mission and values of the organisation. To empower people supported to live self-determined lives in socially inclusive communities. To support families as appropriate and in accordance with the wishes of the person supported. To build social capital in the communities in which their service users live.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful as a Relief Social Care Worker in your new role you will have:
- A minimum of a Level 7 or 8 in Social Care. Studies or equivalent relevant qualification in Health or Social Care or in a relevant professional discipline. Nursing, Psychology, Behaviour Support Speciality.
- Your new role requires you to possess the competencies and skills appropriate to working with persons with an intellectual disability.
What you'll get in return
- Have experience of Person-Centred planning
- Full clean driving licence is desirable
- Administrative skills
- Customer service and ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to follow company’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of HIQA standards and safeguarding legislation
In return, you will be supported by your Line Manager through supervision and support, listening, training and development and the best resources they are able to provide to help you deliver your best.
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary with Sunday and Bank Holiday premiums
- Work/life balance
- Paid annual leave
- Refer a friend scheme
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1091152