Your new company
You will join a European Contractor that work across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services.
This company employs over 2,500 people across over 10 locations in Europe and pride themselves on the fact that they invest heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Your new role
You will join the already established team of Fire Protection professionals. The successful candidate will be involved reviewing incoming tender enquiries and prepare cost estimates based on required design standards and specification requirements for all Tenders, small works and maintenance projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- Preparation of tender submissions for all forms of fire protection systems, including sprinkler protection, gas suppression, water mist, hose-reels, fire hydrant and dry riser systems.
- Advising managers of bid prospects
- Attending pre & post tender interviews
- Complying specialist sub-contract quotes
- Ensuring sub-contractor quotes comply with specification
- Completing take-offs from tender drawings.
- Report regularly to management on competitor activity, market trends and any other market dynamics that may be useful to management.
- Liaising with Fire Protection Commercial / Operational Teams
- Prepare cost submissions for contract variations, including all back up data to ensure smooth transition at final account stage.
- Assist on project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate
What you'll get in return
- A Third Level Qualification in Quantity Surveying/Mechanical Engineering and/or Industry certification in Sprinkler design.
- A minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understand methods of measurement and the concept of cost/valuation reconciliations
- Computer literacy in relevant estimating packages
- Good working knowledge Sprinkler/Fire Protection work packages
- Strong analytical ability
You will be paid a competitive salary that will be dependant on your experience. You will be exposed to working with extremely high level staff where you will continue to learn and develop. Clear progression routes in place based on good performance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1087888