Your new company
You will work in the SSC of a Global organisation, that has over 8,000 employees, over 55 locations worldwide, Customers in over 100 countries, Multi Billion Dollar Turnover and invests about 10% of Turnover in R&D. The company is over 40 years old and has over 20 manufacturing sites. It's products and services are changing the world we live in and the future is certain for this dynamic organisation. The Cork site is a result of the company’s strategic efforts to consolidate and centralise select compliance and accounting processes. It has reputation for providing an excellent work environment and rewards employees that want to contribute and develop their careers.
Your new role
Reporting to a Senior Manager and Global Process Lead, VAT, you will be responsible for the completion of periodic global VAT, Intrastat, ESL and SAF-T returns in accordance with EU directives and country specific VAT legislation.
You should be comfortable with researching and interpreting indirect tax legislation and ensuring any changes are accurately reflected in the ERP system on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of periodic global VAT, Intrastat, ESL and SAF-T returns in accordance with EU directives and country VAT legislation.
- Responsible for timely response to and close out of queries raised by tax authorities relating to indirect tax filings and related transactional data.
- Responsible internal/external audits within GBS working closely with Internal and External Auditors.
- Working on ad hoc queries relating to indirect taxes arising our stakeholders (e.g. indirect tax impact of a new supply chain).
- Implementing changes to our ERP system alongside IT to address changing legislative requirements and formats for indirect tax compliance.
- Project related finance work as it arises.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Good working knowledge of various countries' VAT reporting requirements
- Knowledge of SAF-T implementation an advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required
- Fluent both written and spoken English.
- Tax Qualification or Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA etc). with indirect tax experience.
- Multinational experience involving VAT, ideally in a SSC.
I am filling 2 Contract positions for this company with a very competitive salary of 60k.
This is not very common with most companies - But this company will pay you full benefits even though you will start off on a 12 month contract.
The feedback from candidates placed here has always been strong. The Manager is fantastic and you will contribute in a nice environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or reach out to Vincent Murray now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1090808