Role Type: Permanent / Hybrid Requirement to be in the office at least one day per week.
What you'll be working on
We are looking for an IT Operational Lead with a highly technical & commercial background to lead, mentor and work in areas such as Integration Platform (MuleSoft), Azure, Power Platform, O365 and other shared platforms within this company group.
You will lead the Business Applications Data team on standards and principles and in particular mentor and coach technical staff in the department. The successful candidate will be part of delivering a risk assured, service oriented, performance focused and operationally excellent Data function while embedding a culture of quality service delivery to all customers and partners.
With several exciting projects in the digital optimisation and sustainability areas in progress with opportunities to work on Power Platform, O365, MuleSoft technologies. Our client has a top tier support agreement with Microsoft and receives access to newly released software. The successful applicant would have opportunities to grow and develop in these areas as well as in the areas of team leading and development.
You will act as co-lead to a new Business Applications Data team which is a new and growing team with a mix of existing staff and new staff taking the opportunity to grow and develop.
Work with the Chief Enterprise Architect in setting the technical direction for the Groups shared technology platforms based on business needs of the Group and Operating Companies.
Standards and Governance:
Development and promotion of Group IT standards & templates e.g., architecture assessment documents.
Review IT procurement plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans, develop technical specifications for procurement and evaluate vendors and proposals.
Solution Architecture and implementation
Lead the design, development and deployment of solutions on group platforms and on integration solutions.
Co-ordination and participation in the completion of project management and architecture assessment documents.
Act as liaison between Business Teams and PMO within the Group and Operating Companies for new project requests, assisting with the development of the Business Case and ensuring continued Business Justification.
Identification of links between upcoming initiatives/projects to promote cost savings / reuse etc.
Managing the delivery of day-to-day service work for the Business Applications Data team.
Ensuring that outsourced IT services partners deliver on contracted SLA’s and quality while providing a service that fits with the company’s values working closely on SLAs for the Data team.
HR management of the team.
Be actively involved in the Business Applications Data team to help coach and mentor technical resources and to develop their skill sets to meet future initiatives.
Who you'll be working for
You’ll join a dynamic transportation company and be part of the IT Group that serves multiple companies by supporting developing, managing integrations between systems, setting the standards on IT Policy, Governance and risk for the group for over 3000k customers throughout multiple sites in Ireland.
What you'll need to succeed
• Ideally have Master’s degree in IT or business
• At least 7 years of professional experience in implementation of enterprise-wide solutions and service delivery
• 7 years minimum technical leadership and people manager of a large team including coaching and mentoring
• Strong managerial and administrative experience and skills
• Knowledge and understanding of business objectives of customers
• Knowledge of costing solutions and commercial impact of technical changes
• Technical experience of Microsoft Stack essential (O365, Azure & Power Platform) and enterprise service bus experience desirable (MuleSoft)
• Procurement & tendering e.g., for professional services; solution providers; solutions
• Extensive technical expertise (overarching understanding of architecture, current trends, programming languages, database design and systems, component technologies, XML standards, and current technology trends)
• ITIL Certification, PRINCE2, TOGAF, COBIT
• Knowledge of and experience in architecture frameworks
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. Opportunity to join a company that is undertaking a digital transformation programme, great opportunity to have an huge impact on their projects! Annual leave: 25 days increasing to 28 after 5 years’ service, Pension Scheme, Subsidised GP Scheme, Remote/Hybrid working, 36 Hour working week, Study scheme, Performance management scheme.
What you need to do next
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV
I am a Director for Hays Technology, working on Technology roles for Ireland, helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by the top talent. #1090897